Institute of Social Development
National Project Coordinator
The Institute of Social Development (ISD) is a Local Non-Government Organization based in Kandy and seeks for energetic and result oriented person to join its team.
Based on the empirical experience from the field, the Institute of Social Development (ISD) in collaboration with the International Coalition of Sites of Conscience (ICSC) is going to implement a project on “Building Local Capacity for Truth, Justice, and Reconciliation in Sri Lanka”. The objective of the project is to strengthen the local capacity to assess and address the wide ranging impacts and pressing needs of the victims and survivors of the protracted social conflict.
This position has a key influencing role within the project and the organization, providing guidance and support to all field staff to implement project activities and build networks to uplift the ISD image in the field. The position will be part of the management committee/ team of the organization.
Being the project lead and reporting to the Executive Director, the National Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of a large-scale project that support the Transitional Justice process. The National Project Coordinator will provide efficient coordination, administration and partnership development and management to ensure the smooth running of our project.
- Coordinate national program ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner and deadlines are met
- Build and maintain successful relationships with nine regional coordinators to ensure the smooth implementation of the project
- Regularly visit the nine provincial/regional offices, monitor the activities and have dialog with the Regional Coordinators and Field Officers to ensure smooth project implementation
- Based on the report submitted by the Project Manager, prepare monthly progress report to be submitted to the donor
- Schedule and coordinate training events
- Prepare narrative reports of all meetings and events.
- In consultation with the Regional Coordinators, verify the data/information collected by the Field Officers
- Forward the verified data information to the Executive Director
- Maintain good relationship with the SCRM/ONUR and other relevant authorities working on Transitional Justice (TJ) in Sri Lanka
- Collect and maintain all print and digital reports related to Sri Lanka TJ initiatives
On the approval of the Executive Director, represent the ISD Truth and Reconciliation Forum (TRF) in national forum and events
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation and impact measurement of the project
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Political Science, Social Science, Development Studies, Project Management or any other related field. Master degree or post graduate diploma in a related field would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of development with a strong track record of program development and management.
- In-depth knowledge on governance projects and International Development, including the operating environment and legal frameworks.
- Thorough knowledge of Transitional Justice process of the country and best practices across the world
- Evidence of a high level of competency oral and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in Tamil would be an added advantage
- Strong professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs with an ability to draw out lessons and implications.
- Proven ability to build networks and relationships with the stakeholders
- Proven experience of dealing with sensitive information and projects
- Sound project coordination and project planning skills
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- Willingness and ability to extensively travel across the country
- A pro-active approach, self-motivated and enthusiastic with initiative and commitment to achieving results
- Robust decision making skills
Station – Kandy with extensive travel across the country
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.